The BHMCT program is designed to prepare students for a career in the hospitality industry. It covers various topics like managing hotels, catering, marketing, and business. Apart from classroom lessons, these programs often require students to complete internships in the hospitality industry. This gives students hands-on experience and a chance to apply the skills they have learned in the classroom. Graduates of Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology programs can find work in a variety of hospitality settings, including hotels, restaurants, resorts, casinos, and cruise lines. They could also work in event planning, catering, or tourism.
Allied College is one of the leading colleges to study this course. The BHMCT program from Allied College is a four-year undergraduate program that provides students with comprehensive knowledge and practical skills necessary to succeed in the dynamic hospitality industry. Allied College offers a Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology program that is taught by experienced and passionate faculty members who bring their industry expertise into the classroom. This program has a good placement record, with graduates consistently getting jobs at reputed hospitality establishments.
Scope of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Course
The scope of Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) courses in India is quite broad and offers promising career opportunities in the hospitality industry. India’s tourism and hospitality sector is one of the fastest-growing industries in the country, and there is a high demand for skilled professionals in this field. Graduates of BHMCT courses in India can find employment in a variety of hospitality settings, including:
- Hotels: BHMCT graduates can work in various departments of hotels, such as front office, housekeeping, food and beverage, and sales and marketing.
- Restaurants: BHMCT graduates can work as restaurant managers, chefs, and other food and beverage service professionals.
- Resorts: BHMCT graduates can work in various roles at resorts, such as resort managers, guest relations officers, and activity coordinators.
- Cruise Lines: BHMCT graduates can work as cruise line staff, catering managers, and entertainment coordinators.
- Event Management: BHMCT graduates can work as event planners, catering managers, and production managers in the event management industry.
The salary prospects for HMCT graduates in India are quite promising. Starting salaries for freshers typically range from INR 20,000 to INR 30,000 per month. Experienced professionals can earn significantly higher salaries, with some reaching INR 100,000 per month or more.
Fee Structure of BHMCT Course in India
The fee structure of Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) courses in India varies depending on the institution, location, and type of course. However, the average fee for a BHMCT course in India ranges from INR 1.1 lakh to INR 7.7 lakh per year. Several scholarships and financial aid options are available for students pursuing BHMCT courses in India. These scholarships can significantly reduce the financial burden of education. Some of the common scholarship schemes include national scholarships, state scholarships, and institutional scholarships.
Best BHMCT Progarme College in India—Allied College
Allied College is one of the best BHMCT program colleges in India, offering a comprehensive and industry-aligned curriculum that prepares students for successful careers in the hospitality industry. The college’s BHMCT program is recognized for its:
- Strong Industry Linkages: Allied College has strong ties with the hospitality industry, providing students with ample opportunities for internships, placements, and industry exposure.
- Experienced Faculty: The college’s faculty comprises experienced and passionate professionals from the hospitality industry who bring their real-world expertise into the classroom.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The BHMCT program covers a wide range of topics, including hotel management, catering technology, hospitality marketing, and business, ensuring that students gain a holistic understanding of the hospitality industry.
- Practical Exposure: The program emphasizes practical exposure through internships, live industry projects, and industry interactions, allowing students to apply their classroom learning in real-world settings.
- Modern Infrastructure: Allied College boasts modern facilities, including well-equipped laboratories, classrooms, and hospitality simulation centers, creating an ideal learning environment for students.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Food & Beverage Services, Rooms Division Management, Kitchen Operations Management, Fundamentals of Management, Marketing Introduction, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management and Managerial Accounting.
Central Tourism jobs/State Tourism jobs
Accommodation Operations/Food Production/ Banqueting (Sport and Leisure Industry)
Spas/Recreation Centres/Lifestyle Centric Jobs
Entertainment (cinemas, theatres, and restaurants)
Relaxation and cultural pursuits (museums and galleries, reading, shopping)
Contract Catering/Fast Food outlets/Fine Dining Restaurants etc and many more.