Punjab Technical University (Diploma, Degree & Master’s Programs) I.K.Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU) was established by an Act of State Legislature on 16th January, 1997, to promote technical, management and pharmaceutical education in the state at degree level and above. It was established as Punjab Technical University and renamed as I.K.Gujral Punjab Technical University by State Government in the honour to Late Sh. Inder Kumar Gujral, Former Prime Minister of India, in 2015. The University has the mandate to set up centres of excellence in emerging technologies and for promoting training, research and development in these areas. The University has undertaken the task of training students to help in the development of skilled manpower in this sector in the country in general and in the state in particular. With this goal in mind, the university is promoting a number of courses in different streams in regular as well as distance education programmes. At present University have 121 AICTE and 65 UGC institutes affiliated with it.
Features of I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University
- The University has 78.16 acres of land with covered area more than 5.0 lac square feet.
- State-of-the-art laboratories and air-conditioned classrooms.
- Wi-Fi campus with leased line Internet facility.
- Newly furnished hostel accommodation.
- State-of-art sports facilities.
- Modern cafeteria & central library.
- Transportation facilities.
- Academic support to approx. 1.5 lakhs (including 1,500 plus international students from 30 plus countries) students enrolled in 186 affiliated institutes/colleges.
- Short term courses in foreign language for enhancing employability of students.
- Human Values & Professional Ethics course for all students, in collaboration with NRCVEE, IIT Delhi and IIIT Hyderabad.
- Periodic restructuring and updating of the courses to match international standards in consultation with the help of Industrialists / R&D / Academia.
- Access to e-journals in different subjects.
The hotel and lodging industry is vibrant, innovative, and full of dynamic opportunities for upward mobility while serving and supporting our most important assets: our people. In every single congressional district in the United States there is a hotel, supporting and reinvesting in communities around the country while creating jobs and boosting local economies.
For more than 100 years, the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) has been the foremost representative of and advocate for the U.S. lodging industry. We are the only national association that represents all segments of an industry that is among the 10 largest business sectors in America. We advocate for our members so they can do their best at what matters most: serving guests, employees and their communities.
From major global brands to the small inns and bed & breakfasts, AHLA provides a singular voice that brings together the industry’s multitude of constituents. Our industry is incredibly diverse and represents everyone from brand CEO’s to independent hotel owners, general managers and hotel staff and is an integral contributor to the American economy.