Why Housekeeping as a Career
Many people feel that housekeeping is all about cleaning. I also had the same thoughts until I took a professional course.
Housekeeping is a sense of feeling. It is not just an act of cleaning. It goes beyond cleaning. Finding a career that fits the skillset and taps into your passions can be sometimes difficult. Becoming a housekeeper is a great career option that can be rewarding and allow you to use your cleaning skills as well as your organizational capabilities to help others.
Housekeeping is defined as the effective management of home chores and household duties involved in some day-to-day life activities such as cooking, cleaning paying bills etc. It can be done in a house, or in a hotel, or other remote locations.
Here are some reasons why you should become a housekeeper.
1: Outstanding customers.
Since decades household staffing has been working with very qualified housekeepers in order to find the better place in a house that works for their personality and unique experience. Clients and housekeepers are bought together to find the perfect working relationship which means to get a job sooner and to get busy in the work quickly. There’s no need to start striking the pavement and knocking on doors in order to sell the cleaning services.
2: Maximize your passion.
Not everyone loves to clean and organize. In fact, many people disliked that part of living in a home, so subcontracting often makes the best sense for them. If we’re someone that loves when things are organized in a proper way, everything sparkling everywhere, organizing the things bring great pleasure to mind when everything is done and that is something special in which we should capitalize on. Organized and clean rooms can make customers happy and can give a stressful environment which will make their works easy. And at the same time, housekeeper can maximize the passion for keeping things clean and orderly.
Being a housekeeper often comes with flexible schedules. That means you can still work and earn money, but your day to day schedule may flex a little! Flexibility goes a long way in today’s busy world!
The responsibilities of a housekeeper include the following:
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly Basic Duty
- Tools Management
- Requisition Management
- Householders/Occupants 6-monthly training
- Laundry Management
- Floor Care Management
- Supervisor Reporting
- Methodize Duty
Importance of Housekeeping Workplace:
Housekeeping at the workplace is closely linked to the industrial safety. The degree, to which these activities are effectively managed, is an indicator of the safety culture of the organization.
Housekeeping not only makes the organization a safer place to do work but also provide a big raise to the image of the organization. This type of activities also improves efficiency and productivity, helps in maintaining good control over the processes, and to help in maintaining the quality of the product.
Elements of housekeeping at workplace:
The major elements which are normally included in the housekeeping practices are-
- Removal of dust and dirt – Working in a dirty and unhygienic place is unhealthy for all of the employees and it can also cause some respiratory type irritations to the people. Also, if dust and dirt are gathered in the floor, it may have the chances of slip hazard. Therefore, regular sweeping the floors at the workplace for the removal of dust and dirt is an essential work of housekeeping practice.
- Facilities of Employee – Sufficient employees’ facilities such as drinking water, wash rooms, toilet blocks, and rest rooms etc. are to be provided for the employees at the workplace so that employees can use them when they wish to. Cleanliness at the place of these facilities is an important aspect of the facilities.
- Flooring – Floor must be cleaned regularly, when liquid or some other material spilled on the floor it must be cleaned immediately. Poor floor conditions can cause severe accidents at the workplace. In the areas, such as entrance ways there must me some non-slippery materials like mats on the floor because if that place is cleaned regularly it may cause problem for everyone while entering the workplace. It is also important to replace worn, ripped or damaged flooring that poses a trip hazard.
- Lighting – Adequate lighting reduces the potential for accidents. It is to be ensured that ineffectual lights should be repaired and dirty lights must be cleaned regularly so that the light intensity levels should be maintained at the workplace.
- Corridor and stairways – Corridor and stairways are to be kept clear and not to be used for storage. Warning signs and mirrors can improve sight lines in blind corners and help prevent accidents and also important to maintain adequate lighting in stairways. Further stairways need to have railings preferably round railings for adequate grip.
- Spill control – The best method to control spills is to prevent them from happening. Regular cleaning and maintenance on machines and equipment is an essential practice. When spills do occur, it is important to clean it up immediately. When cleaning a spill, it is required to use the proper cleaning agents or absorbent materials so that it dries up fastly. It is also to be making sure that the waste products are disposed of properly.
- Waste disposal – The regular collection of the waste materials contribute to good housekeeping practices. Allowing material to build up on the floor wastes time and energy since additional time is required for cleaning it up. Placing containers for wastes near the place where the waste is produced encourages orderly waste disposal and makes collection easier. All recyclable wastes after their collection are to be transferred to their designated places so that the waste materials can be dispatched to the point of use or sold.
- Tools and equipment – Tools and equipment are required to be inspected prior to their use. Damaged or worn tools are to be taken out of service immediately. Tools are to be cleaned and returned to their storage place after use.
- Upkeep– Upkeep of the equipment and the buildings which means keep buildings, equipment and machinery in safe place and in working condition. When a workplace looks neglected then there are broken windows, broken floor and dirty walls etc. These types of conditions can cause accidents and affect work practices. It is very important to have a replacement program for replacing or fixing broken and damaged items.
- Storage – Proper storage of materials is essential in a good housekeeping practice. Every storage areas need to be clearly marked. Flammable, combustible, toxic and other hazardous materials are to be stored in particular container in appropriate extra safe place. The materials which are stored are not to obstruct aisles, stairs, exits, fire equipment, or first aid box. It is also important to label all the containers properly. If this things are done properly then there is no chance of chemical exposures or incident of strain injuries.
- Particular working area – Individual working area need to be kept neat and clean, and things which are unused must be cleaned. Many working area injuries occur right in the employee’s workspace. This space is often overlooked when conducting general housekeeping and cleanliness review. It is necessary to make a checklist which is to be used by the employees to evaluate their working area.
This healthy process, it not only keep the place neat and clean in which the work is done, but also they save a lot of quantities of products through which it is quiet improvement and profitability of the establishment.
SPECIALIZATION COURSE IN HOUSE KEEPING is a 1-year intensive programme which exposes the student to the diversity of hospitality industry and equips the student with intellectual & leadership capabilities allowing the student to move into diverse managerial roles in prestigious international organisations. It is aimed at providing all round development of the students in the Housekeeping Department so that the student is able to be a part of the Hospitality Industry in the House Keeping sector.
Educational Objective of the courses:
- Create a blue print to Housekeeping
- Understand the fundamentals of the Hotel Industry, Commercial Operations of the Hotel Industry with respect to Housekeeping Department.
- Introduction key principles of Housekeeping Department.
- Focus on delivering superior performance and value to your customer.
- Teaching Furniture and fixture placement techniques.
- To make the student employable in the House Keeping department.
- To develop and sharpen the overall skills of the students so that he is job ready.
To provide our students with an in depth understanding of the operational aspects and knowledge of the underlying principles of the House keeping department Allow students to become familiar with the practical aspects of the hospitality industry and the strategic management issues involved in operating International Resorts and Hotels with relations to the Housekeeping Department Present to them an avenue to move into range of international organizations in Housekeeping section. To train students for operational and administrative supervisory & management positions in the Housekeeping Department. Prepare for management careers in industry sectors such as Hotels, Resorts, Cruise Liners, Restaurants and Catering Organisations. Prepare them for the Facility Management services.Read More
Getting Ready For Ultra-Modern Hospitality with Chandigarh’s Best Hotel Management College
Allied Chandigarh has risen to become one of the best colleges for hotel management in Chandigarh, because of its dedication, diligence, and devotion. The college remains the leading choice for students seeking a high-quality education in hospitality because of its cutting-edge approach. Because hospitality encompasses many sub-domains, the institution offers a variety of programs to fit each of them.
We are securing a place at one of India’s top hotel management schools.
Allied Chandigarh’s Hotel Management Department is expanding the range of job options available to students. Chefs, food & beverage in-charge, front desk, finance & account manager, culinary head, tourism advisors, and other hotel management employees in the programs.
Our Hotel Management degree is built around experiential and theoretical modules, allowing us to join India’s Top Hotel Management College that ranks. The college offers undergraduate degrees in Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology and other diploma programs. We have come up with Hospitality management degrees to instill a passion for hospitality in the students.
Job Descriptions & Top Recruiters for Allied Chandigarh
Candidates who complete the Hotel Management program from Allied Chandigarhs can either begin seeking jobs right away or pursue a postgraduate degree in the field of hospitality. Masters in Hotel Management, Masters in Hotel Management & Catering Technology, MSc in Hotel Management, MBA in Hotel Management, MBA in Hospitality Management, and others are PG-level program students can pursue.
The easiest approach to get a job in the hospitality business is to apply for an internship first. If the candidate is determined to be working according to the hotel’s criteria, there is a good probability of hiring them at the hotel. Examine the top five options for hotel management internships.
Hotels typically hire fresh graduates for positions such as food and beverage executive, front office executives, steward, air hostess/flight steward, and so on. Candidates can learn more about the many job profiles available in the hotel business by visiting this websiteRead More
Kick Start Your Career in Hotel Management with Allied College, Chandigarh
Are you interested in starting a career in Hotel Management? Come to the Allied College of Hospitality, Culinary Arts, and Management. Our team provides the highest standards of education and is a renowned HM college in Chandigarh. If you are coming from any other city also, we will see to your comfort. The lectures on different topics are indeed very enriching.
Our primary focus is to enhance the knowledge of every student and improve their culinary skills. If you want to study hotel management in Panchkula, take this grand opportunity to fulfill your dreams. We give rise to only professionals who can take care of the needs of millions of people all over the world. Our institution is engaged in providing impressive placements after graduating from 2006. The records are the same till date.
Choose Us For Various Reasons
There are multiple reasons for choosing the HM college in Chandigarh. We manage the college only in a professional way with world-class facilities. Furthermore, the following are the main features that distinguish us from several other Hotel Management institutes.
- 100% Placement Opportunities Till Now
- Specialized in Hotel Management and Hospitality Courses
- High-standard education from the year 2006
- The best curriculum for excellent employment opportunities in the world-class organizations
- The state-of-the-art architecture, along with academic excellence
- Study from the excellent faculties with more than 14 years of experience
Till date, our past trends show that more than 3000 students are employed in reputed organizations. Not only India, but our students are also spreading the magic in other countries.
Shape Up Your Career
The Hotel management in Panchkula is now easily affordable. Give a new shape to your career after studying from our team. You can specialize in any branch of the culinary arts with high scope for the future.
Our college has already won the title of the Best Edupreneurs Award 2019 by the Times Group. Allied can be a second home with all the necessary facilities for the students. Feel the change as you join our institution. Get a chance to show your skills at the International levels too.
Now, we are available in online mode too. Therefore, follow our website and fill up the admission form to get started.Read More