The catering industry is divided into three main segments.
1. COMMERCIAL:- In commercial catering financial goals involve profit-generating by selling food and beverage products.
For example Restaurants, fast food outlets, bars and pubs.
2. NONCOMMERCIAL:- In non-commercial catering financial goal is not to generate profits by selling food and beverages. Here selling food is a secondary business along with the main business.
For example Hospital catering, college/university catering and transportation catering.
3. MILITARY:- This catering involves all catering activities related to the armed forces or diplomatic events.
For example Army-based camp catering.
Formal training helps to learn properly about the catering services. Various catering courses are available to provide good training.
Various types of catering services
There are two main types of catering
- On-premises and
- Off-premises.On-Premise Catering – is catering for functions such as a banquet, weddings, receptions or birthday parties. These events are held on the physical premises of the establishment or homes of the host who is throwing the party. On-premise caterers get the advantages of large space. Hotels, restaurants and banquet halls offer many services at one time.Off-Premise Catering – this involves producing food in a central kitchen and then delivering it to the client’s location. Part of the cooking of food may be executed or finished at the event location.
The ship’s crew consists of personnel who sail on board a ship and carry out all its operations, especially when the ship is at sea (with some responsibility when at port). Traditionally, for the ship operation, the crew of a commercial ship is divided into three departments
Catering (steward’s) department.
Duties of shipboard caterers.
Providing products and services for ferries, restaurants, and management of on board shops.
Providing good quality raw materials, with special care and sensitivity to local, ethnic and religious culinary traditions.
Full and complete consideration for hygiene, health and quality regulations.
A mobile food cart is a trailer that does not have a motor and is driven by an automobile, bicycle, or hand to the point of sale. Carts generally have on-board heating or refrigeration systems as per the need to keep the food ready for consumption.
A catering truck helps a vendor to sell to a larger public than a cart and to reach a bigger market. The service is the same as a cart. The truck carries an abundance of prepared foods that customers can buy.
A food truck or mobile kitchen is a modified food van with a built-in deep fryer,barbecue grill and some other cooking equipment. It offers more variety in the menu because the ordered food can be prepared as ordered.
A mobile caterer vendor has the choice to park the van in one place,like a cart, or to expand the business’s reach by driving the van to several locations.
A concession trailer has equipment like a mobile kitchen, but it cannot move on its own. Therefore it is suited for events lasting several days, such as funfairs..
Benefits of wedding caterers
1. Leave It to the Experts
Food is one of the most important parts of a wedding reception. People talk about bad food for years. Good food is always a pleasant experience.
Wedding catering cannot be left in the hands of someone who doesn’t know his job.
Hotels have onsite chefs but they may not have expert caterers.
When you hire a wedding caterer, their knowledge and experience help in creating the best menus. They can take care of the major part of the wedding and make you tension free.
2. Hiring a Catering Service Is Cost-Effective
If you hire a chef and then supply all the food yourself, it can be very expensive.
Wedding caterers have their own suppliers and they know where to get high-quality ingredients.
There are no hidden costs. When you discuss your wedding catering budget with your local catering service, they make clear what can be provided for that price.
3. They make customised Menu for You
It is not easy to make a menu for a large number of guests. Experience is required to design a perfect menu, and it can be challenging to craft a menu you’re happy with.
While working with a caterer, you can give them a rough idea of what you want to include on the menu. They will guide you accordingly towards a balanced menu with different flavours and dishes complementing one another.
A wedding caterer gives you options for items you can choose from so you have the perfect menu to satisfy all your guests.
Various catering colleges provide education to excel in catering services.
4. Hiring a Caterer Minimizes Stress
You have hundreds of things to organize for your wedding, it can be stressful. You want to enjoy the important day and keep it stress-free.
It’s the catering company’s job to provide food for weddings. They know their job and will take care of all the minute details for you. This in turn will make your wedding as stress-free as possible for you.
5. You Are Provided With Waiting Staff
Most catering companies provide waiters as part of their service. You don’t need to worry about hiring another group of people to be the servers at your wedding.
The company will take care of everything for you. They are professional and experienced. They can easily serve a vast number of people.
Usually, they also provide all the silverware required for your party. Another thing you need not worry about when making plans for your big day!
6. Exceptional Quality
If you want your wedding menu to be unique and not ordinary, it is a good idea to hire a wedding caterer.
Catering companies are experienced to make sure your wedding food is exceptional. From the quality of the ingredients to the way it is served and presented everything is taken care of.Read More
Many people feel that housekeeping is all about cleaning. I also had the same thoughts until I took a professional course.
Housekeeping is a sense of feeling. It is not just an act of cleaning. It goes beyond cleaning. Finding a career that fits the skillset and taps into your passions can be sometimes difficult. Becoming a housekeeper is a great career option that can be rewarding and allow you to use your cleaning skills as well as your organizational capabilities to help others.
Housekeeping is defined as the effective management of home chores and household duties involved in some day-to-day life activities such as cooking, cleaning paying bills etc. It can be done in a house, or in a hotel, or other remote locations.
Here are some reasons why you should become a housekeeper.
1: Outstanding customers.
Since decades household staffing has been working with very qualified housekeepers in order to find the better place in a house that works for their personality and unique experience. Clients and housekeepers are bought together to find the perfect working relationship which means to get a job sooner and to get busy in the work quickly. There’s no need to start striking the pavement and knocking on doors in order to sell the cleaning services.
2: Maximize your passion.
Not everyone loves to clean and organize. In fact, many people disliked that part of living in a home, so subcontracting often makes the best sense for them. If we’re someone that loves when things are organized in a proper way, everything sparkling everywhere, organizing the things bring great pleasure to mind when everything is done and that is something special in which we should capitalize on. Organized and clean rooms can make customers happy and can give a stressful environment which will make their works easy. And at the same time, housekeeper can maximize the passion for keeping things clean and orderly.
Being a housekeeper often comes with flexible schedules. That means you can still work and earn money, but your day to day schedule may flex a little! Flexibility goes a long way in today’s busy world!
The responsibilities of a housekeeper include the following:
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly Basic Duty
- Tools Management
- Requisition Management
- Householders/Occupants 6-monthly training
- Laundry Management
- Floor Care Management
- Supervisor Reporting
- Methodize Duty
Importance of Housekeeping Workplace:
Housekeeping at the workplace is closely linked to the industrial safety. The degree, to which these activities are effectively managed, is an indicator of the safety culture of the organization.
Housekeeping not only makes the organization a safer place to do work but also provide a big raise to the image of the organization. This type of activities also improves efficiency and productivity, helps in maintaining good control over the processes, and to help in maintaining the quality of the product.
Elements of housekeeping at workplace:
The major elements which are normally included in the housekeeping practices are-
- Removal of dust and dirt – Working in a dirty and unhygienic place is unhealthy for all of the employees and it can also cause some respiratory type irritations to the people. Also, if dust and dirt are gathered in the floor, it may have the chances of slip hazard. Therefore, regular sweeping the floors at the workplace for the removal of dust and dirt is an essential work of housekeeping practice.
- Facilities of Employee – Sufficient employees’ facilities such as drinking water, wash rooms, toilet blocks, and rest rooms etc. are to be provided for the employees at the workplace so that employees can use them when they wish to. Cleanliness at the place of these facilities is an important aspect of the facilities.
- Flooring – Floor must be cleaned regularly, when liquid or some other material spilled on the floor it must be cleaned immediately. Poor floor conditions can cause severe accidents at the workplace. In the areas, such as entrance ways there must me some non-slippery materials like mats on the floor because if that place is cleaned regularly it may cause problem for everyone while entering the workplace. It is also important to replace worn, ripped or damaged flooring that poses a trip hazard.
- Lighting – Adequate lighting reduces the potential for accidents. It is to be ensured that ineffectual lights should be repaired and dirty lights must be cleaned regularly so that the light intensity levels should be maintained at the workplace.
- Corridor and stairways – Corridor and stairways are to be kept clear and not to be used for storage. Warning signs and mirrors can improve sight lines in blind corners and help prevent accidents and also important to maintain adequate lighting in stairways. Further stairways need to have railings preferably round railings for adequate grip.
- Spill control – The best method to control spills is to prevent them from happening. Regular cleaning and maintenance on machines and equipment is an essential practice. When spills do occur, it is important to clean it up immediately. When cleaning a spill, it is required to use the proper cleaning agents or absorbent materials so that it dries up fastly. It is also to be making sure that the waste products are disposed of properly.
- Waste disposal – The regular collection of the waste materials contribute to good housekeeping practices. Allowing material to build up on the floor wastes time and energy since additional time is required for cleaning it up. Placing containers for wastes near the place where the waste is produced encourages orderly waste disposal and makes collection easier. All recyclable wastes after their collection are to be transferred to their designated places so that the waste materials can be dispatched to the point of use or sold.
- Tools and equipment – Tools and equipment are required to be inspected prior to their use. Damaged or worn tools are to be taken out of service immediately. Tools are to be cleaned and returned to their storage place after use.
- Upkeep– Upkeep of the equipment and the buildings which means keep buildings, equipment and machinery in safe place and in working condition. When a workplace looks neglected then there are broken windows, broken floor and dirty walls etc. These types of conditions can cause accidents and affect work practices. It is very important to have a replacement program for replacing or fixing broken and damaged items.
- Storage – Proper storage of materials is essential in a good housekeeping practice. Every storage areas need to be clearly marked. Flammable, combustible, toxic and other hazardous materials are to be stored in particular container in appropriate extra safe place. The materials which are stored are not to obstruct aisles, stairs, exits, fire equipment, or first aid box. It is also important to label all the containers properly. If this things are done properly then there is no chance of chemical exposures or incident of strain injuries.
- Particular working area – Individual working area need to be kept neat and clean, and things which are unused must be cleaned. Many working area injuries occur right in the employee’s workspace. This space is often overlooked when conducting general housekeeping and cleanliness review. It is necessary to make a checklist which is to be used by the employees to evaluate their working area.
This healthy process, it not only keep the place neat and clean in which the work is done, but also they save a lot of quantities of products through which it is quiet improvement and profitability of the establishment.
SPECIALIZATION COURSE IN HOUSE KEEPING is a 1-year intensive programme which exposes the student to the diversity of hospitality industry and equips the student with intellectual & leadership capabilities allowing the student to move into diverse managerial roles in prestigious international organisations. It is aimed at providing all round development of the students in the Housekeeping Department so that the student is able to be a part of the Hospitality Industry in the House Keeping sector.
Educational Objective of the courses:
- Create a blue print to Housekeeping
- Understand the fundamentals of the Hotel Industry, Commercial Operations of the Hotel Industry with respect to Housekeeping Department.
- Introduction key principles of Housekeeping Department.
- Focus on delivering superior performance and value to your customer.
- Teaching Furniture and fixture placement techniques.
- To make the student employable in the House Keeping department.
- To develop and sharpen the overall skills of the students so that he is job ready.
To provide our students with an in depth understanding of the operational aspects and knowledge of the underlying principles of the House keeping department Allow students to become familiar with the practical aspects of the hospitality industry and the strategic management issues involved in operating International Resorts and Hotels with relations to the Housekeeping Department Present to them an avenue to move into range of international organizations in Housekeeping section. To train students for operational and administrative supervisory & management positions in the Housekeeping Department. Prepare for management careers in industry sectors such as Hotels, Resorts, Cruise Liners, Restaurants and Catering Organisations. Prepare them for the Facility Management services.Read More
Tourism is one of the main economic engines for nations with total contribution of 9.5% to global GDP and 8.9% of total employment in 2013. Tourism can only flourish if the industry can employ qualified staff or sustainable workforce which is the heart for excellent and prompt service delivery system. Thus, this review made to give summarized information about challenges and opportunities of tourism and hospitality employment. Narrative review was used where selected and related articles, reports and studies of the topic are compared and summarized.
Tourism and hospitality creates diversified employment opportunities in different sectors like accommodation, food and beverage establishments, transportation services, travel agencies, tour operation companies, natural and cultural attractions sites. The challenges are poor pay and working conditions, sexual harassment, discrimination, unequal treatment, low education and training, undemocratic and rigid corporate culture, seasonality and political instability which drastically reduce the number of visitors which in turn brings high employees’ turn over. Concerned stakeholders including, academicians, policy makers and business owners of tourism and hospitality shall take actions to bring sustainable work force for the development tourism and hospitality sectors.
Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Tourism and Hospitality Management is a graduate level program with the objective to provide adequate knowledge and skills related to Tourism.
The main objectives are –
To enable students to acquire knowledge and skills required by the industry and business sector. This program is a UGC-sponsored vocational programme and approved by the Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council. They simultaneously offer skill training as per the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) under National Skill Development Corporation. It provides the right nurturing ground for students to pursue their ambitions.
Tourism management implements marketing efforts in attracting tourists to travel to particular destinations. This involves the management of a variety of activities such as:
- Studying tour destination;
- Planning the tour;
- Making travel arrangements;
- Providing accommodation.
Tourism and hospitality industries create many employment opportunities in different areas like accommodations, transportation, attractions sites.
Employment opportunities of tourism and hospitality sector:
Based on the involvement or contribution tourism supply side, employment opportunities in tourism and hospitality sectors can be created either directly or indirectly. Direct Employment opportunities are the total number of job opportunities supported by directly in travel and tourism. For example employment by hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, tourism information offices, museums, protected areas such as national parks, palaces, religious sites, monuments, aircrafts, cruise lines, resorts or shopping outlets, souvenirs, photography, sightseeing tours, farmhouses, bed and breakfast, rural inns, and guest houses local transportation (state owned airlines and railways, private transport facilities), Guides, cooks and scouts.
Tourism and hospitality also supports indirect employment in activities like restaurant suppliers, construction companies that build and maintain tourist facilities, as well as necessary infrastructure, aircraft manufacturers, various handicrafts producers, marketing agencies, accounting services, which are more or less dependent on the companies providing direct employment for their payment In a labour intensive industry such as tourism and hospitality the greater proportion of income is likely to be derived from wages and salaries paid to those working in jobs either directly serving the needs of tourists or benefitting indirectly from tourists’ spending . Income will be high in tourist destinations which attract large numbers of visitors; where visitors length of stay is maximum, customer spending of money is very high provided that multiple opportunities and activities are existing for customers to participate.
Today, Tourism and Hospitality sectors are the foremost sectors of the world economy. It improves balance of payments as well as income creation and employment opportunities. Tourism can be also nurturing sociocultural amplification of the people, empowering women and disabled communities by creating favorable job options. Due to this, both developed and developing countries give due attention for creating quality staff for quality tourism and hospitality industries to step on the sectors contribution for the country’s development.
Based on the review, tourism and hospitality industries have creating many job opportunities for millions of people in the world in different areas like accommodation, food and beverage (restaurants, dining rooms, cafes, fast nightclubs, bed and breakfasts, resorts, lounges, catering operations; airlines, airports, aircraft’s, ships, land transportation’s like trail, bus, travel agencies, tour operation companies), natural and cultural attractions such as national parks, caves, monuments, museums and galleries, theatres, concerts, festivals, carnivals, conferences, trade shows, and exhibitions). Technological advancement, increased income and conducive climate are the major favorable conditions for the development of the stated tourism and hospitality establishments to create millions of jobs.Read More
One of the most liked and favoured courses among students willing to make career in the hospitality industry is Hotel management. The post pandemic era has seen significant growth of the tourism sector which has regenerated employment opportunities in bulk. With swift growth of everlasting tourism and hospitality sector more hotels and restaurants are coming to existence. This creates the inevitable demand of skilled professionals.
With graduate and post-graduate level courses you become fit to be a part of workforce in areas such as front office, food and beverage management, housekeeping, administration, food production etc. A college with trained faculties with real industry experience not only gives you the very needed knowledge but also places you at a well reputed, high paying workplace.
ALLIED COLLEGE CHANDIGARH
Talking of the best in business comes the “Allied college of hospitality culinary arts and management” located in Chandigarh. Established in 2006 this college is government registered institute which runs under the “Sri Satya Sai (Jasrotia) Education Foundation”. It is affiliated to Punjab Technical University (PTU) and Annamalai University.
The college has been able to place students in national as well as international companies. With international alliances in USA, Germany, Maldives, Mauritius, Dubai and Singapore this college is the undoubtedly the leader of hospitality/ hotel management.
The courses offered in the college vary from undergraduate level to post-graduate level.
- At undergrad level Diploma courses in Food production/ Food and beverage services / Housekeeping/ Front office are offered.
- Graduate level courses include degree in Hotel management/ B. Voc in Tourism and Hospitality Management/ B. Voc in HMCT/ Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management/ Bachelor in Catering and Culinary Arts.
- Post graduate courses like Masters of Hotel management and catering technology.
- Dual degree courses are also offered in the college.
All the courses are UGC approved.
PLACEMENT COMPANIES AND ALLIANCES
For lucrative payouts and high standard experiences the college has alliances such as JW Marriot, Taj Hotels, Oberoi hotels and resorts, ITC hotels, Hyatt regency and many more which recruit students. Moreover, popular restaurant chains like Domino’s, McDonald’s are into providing employment to students. Carnival cruise, P&O cruise and other luxury cruises are also employing students. The college has a record placement of 100%.
WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT?
The certain urge to produce intricately skilled and well behaved workforce for the hospitality industry and being the leader in doing so has been its aim. So far, the college has gracefully managed to succeed in its mission. With modern teaching aids and well equipped digital and technical classroom the college provides quality education to students in their area of interest. The geographical location of the institute makes all essential services accessible as it is near to the Chandigarh city. The institute has been in the business since quite a time (2006). More than 3000 students have been employed in the industry till date.
It has also been awarded as the “Most Emerging College” by Times of India (ToI) in 2019. The IKG Punjab Technical University declared it as the Best Hotel Management college in recent times. Special Scholarships meritorious, needy, defense personnel and girls are also offered which empowers and enhances the value of education making it available for everyone.
Features such as separate hostel for boys and girls, active training and placement cell working 24*7, tie ups with top Hospitality chains, easy education loan add up together to make it the absolute best in its field. The best academic curriculum and industry experience it provides makes it stand out.The institute claims to give almost free education to SC/ST/OBC candidates. The concessions provided to economically backward classes decreases the gap between socially built groups and provides everyone equal opportunity to avail education.
To solve internal issues various committees such as Anti- ragging, internal complaint, college improvement committee etc are formed. The college has a strong standpoint of ragging complaints and strict penalties are implemented for it.
Globalization has opened opportunities among countries making trade easier and creating more employment. This will result in increased competition for which students need to put their A game on with appropriate relevant skills required to sustain. Therefore a college as good as “ALLIED” makes all of this possible by making you stand out from the crowd.Read More
What is bar Management?
Bar management is all about managing an establishment that serves alcoholic beverages. If bar management is your department, you have to look after staff members consisting of bouncers, bartenders, and servers.
The entertainment department also comes under bar management. Bar managers need to look after potential entertainment options, such as live events featuring bands, stand-up comedy, or televised sports games. In case the bar is serving food, then the bar manager has to make menu selections and also supervise the bar kitchen.
A career in bar management
Like any other management course, bar management requires a specialized degree.
There are many institutes offering bar management courses. A bar management course in Chandigarh could be one of the many options available. Getting a professional degree is always helpful and a great aid in climbing the ladder of success.
The 1-year intensive Specialisation Course in Bar & Beverage Management exposes students to all aspects of the hospitality industry. It also equips them with leadership skills that will allow them to take on diverse management roles in prestigious international organizations.
These courses help students become part of the Hospitality Industry.
Live practical and industry training is used to help students apply operations principles. It includes tutorials, interactive sessions, problem-solving sessions, and practical sessions. The program also includes class presentations and case studies, and it also includes Hotel visits.
Managers of bars fall under the same category that food service managers.
You can start your career as a bar manager by transferring from other positions in a restaurant. As a server, you might be able to take orders and cook food.
A bartender can also serve drinks and help keep the bar safe and orderly after you are promoted to bar manager, your responsibility to oversee the bar’s operations. You will be responsible for customer service, inventory, and ensuring that employees perform their jobs properly.
Why a bar manager?
Gone are the days when career options were minimal. Some were considered good, and some not so good. Doctors and engineers were supposed to be the best, and this is no more the case.
Now is the time for people to follow their passions. Passion and careers are not two opposite regimes, and they can be infused together. People choose careers not just to earn, but they choose what they love as their career.
Several people have an interest in pursuing bar management courses. With the growth of clubs, bars, restaurants, etc., people pursuing bar management courses have also increased.
Bar management courses in Chandigarh train individuals to become professional bar managers. Bar management courses are available as certificate, diploma, undergraduate, and full-time postgraduate courses. Candidates can also pursue bar management courses online to train themselves.
Job Responsibilities for Bar Managers:
- Maintains inventory.
- Makes food and drink menus.
- They determine the work schedules of employees.
- They ensure that the bar is clean and well-stocked.
- Monitors customer behavior and sales.
- Monitors and maintains a budget.
- Maintains drink recipe documentation.
- Plans special events
- Staff should be able to delegate tasks responsibly.
- Purchases liquor and other supplies.
- Overseas other staff, such as bartenders and bouncers, waitstaff, and kitchen personnel.
- Employs, trains, promotes, and, when needed, fires staff.
- Chooses music and books bands. Provides input on marketing and decor, including social media.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors.
A bar management course is a very unconventional course. It is becoming increasingly important in modern times and the Hospitality sector. With increasing job opportunities and recruiters, there is a lot of potential for the future.
What do bar management courses offer?
- It makes you capable of managing a Bar & Hospitality Business.
- Make an impression within your current job.
- Increase your employ-ability skills for your following bar manager jobs
- Recognize the importance of customers.
- Understand importance of Marketing & Promotion in the success of your business.
- Create an ambiance that is customer friendly.
- Get better profits through adequate stock and inventory management techniques.
- Understand the importance of branding and how you can create and use your brand.
- Manage and effectively motivate the team that delivers your vision.
Bar management courses in Chandigarh offer all of these.
The outcome of bar management courses:
- Provide the students with an in-depth understanding of the operational aspects and knowledge of the underlying principles of the Bar department.
- Allow students to become familiar with the practical aspects of the hospitality industry and the strategic management issues involved in operating International Resorts and Hotels in the Bar Department.
- Present an avenue to move into a range of international organizations in the Bar section.
- To develop and sharpen the overall skills of the students so that they are job-ready.
The objectives and functions of hospitality and management varies from one business to the next. However, the company’s principal purpose remains the same: to give consumers with the greatest service and a seamless experience from beginning to end.
Hospitality is both a concept and a profession. The relationship between a guest and a host is referred to as “hospitality.” If you bring a friend or family member over for dinner, for example, you will demonstrate hospitality by meeting the needs of the visitor.
It entails managing the day-to-day administrative, operational, and commercial activities of businesses such as hotels, resorts, restaurants, catering establishments, stores, casinos, amusement parks, and a variety of other connected enterprises. The hospitality business encompasses everything from large hotel corporations to tiny food outlets. When working in hospitality management, your goal as a manager is to make your customers feel at ease and provide them with the best possible experience.
Importance of Hospitality and Management in Business
Some companies rely on hospitality to run their operations and earn money. Restaurants, cafes, clubs, bars, hotels, motels, coffee shops, and travel agency are just a few of the hospitality industries. They are different from traditional businesses in that they rely on strong, positive communication with their customers and target audience to succeed.
Businesses benefit from hospitality because it fosters favorable customer feedback. According to a research, 88% of people look for online reviews before buying a new product or service.
Hospitality Management Operations
The implementation of resources, materials, equipment, and technology is a part of hospitality management operations. As an operations manager, you’ll be responsible for creating and delivering a service or product to clients that meets their needs. Your job as an operations manager is to deal with a variety of strategic issues, such as project management methods, deciding the size of manufacturing plants, and implementing the IT network structure. Inventory management, raw material acquisition, materials handling, quality control, and work-in-process levels are some of the other operational tasks.
Customers may post a bad review if a hospitality firm provides poor, ineffective service. Unfortunately, even a few unfavorable evaluations can have a significant influence on a hospitality company’s ability to sell its goods and services.
Hospitality Management Sets Businesses Apart from the Competition
It’s also worth noting that hospitality can help firms stand out from the crowd. If a customer has pick between a business that provides bad service and another that provides outstanding service, he or she will most likely choose the latter. Businesses must separate themselves from their competition, whether they are small, medium, or large, which is why developing great hospitality skills may make all the difference.
What Are the Requirements for Hospitality Management?
While some hospitality occupations simply demand a diploma, it is advisable to have a degree in order to earn a greater wage in a higher-level job. An associate’s degree includes general education courses as well as some hospitality-related topics. The bachelor’s degree, on the other hand, takes four years to finish and includes courses in hospitality administration, accounting, and finance.Read More
For individuals eager to travel, the hotel business offers a variety of choices. If candidates want to have a successful career, they need to put in additional effort. With the guidance of career guides and the Best Hotel Management Colleges in India, however, carving out a career in this field maybe a piece of cake .
The greatest hospitality universities, on the other hand, include built-in counselling services for students. However, this may appear insufficient. Following a well-thought-out strategy is the best way to create the future of your desires. This strategy consists of several actions that the applicants must follow to have a good chance of succeeding in the future.
This is especially useful for students who wish to pursue a job but lack vision and become disoriented along the road. As a result, we’ve laid up a series of practical and efficient procedures that will lead to a successful tomorrow. And they’ll be mentioned farther down.
1. Find the best hotel management colleges by using the following criteria:
After you’ve done your research and found the greatest academic choice, the following step is to find institutes that offer these degrees. When looking for the ideal institute, look for the following characteristics:
- Awards and honours are obtained based on the number of placement offer receive.
- Exceptional Recruiters
- Several academic degrees and certificates are available
- Programs of Instruction
- Laboratories in Action
- Cutting-edge infrastructure
- Up-to-date technology
- Capable teachers
- Projects in progress
Candidates can sort out the finest colleges and institutions based on these criteria. The idea is to choose the choice with the greatest number in each of the categories listed above.
2. Start working part-time:
Working part-time is a great way to boost your portfolio (and your future). This will provide you with more than just a classroom practical—you’ll be able to understand how the industry works. As a result, ensure that you begin working at hotels or restaurants near your college or residence.
3. Participate in industrial training programmes:
If you believe you will select a promising institution with a diverse set of learning programmes, you should be an active participant in industrial training programmes. Some students avoid going on industry tours or participating in training sessions, but if you genuinely want a bright future, make a different decision.
4. Work hard:
Let’s face it, acquiring a job isn’t enough; you need to work with your whole heart and soul if you want to succeed in the long run. So, no matter where you end up, work hard and maintain a humble manner.
5. Learn and Grow:
This is the final phase, and it is one that you must always follow: continuously learning new things. You only have one life to live, and you still have a lot to learn. While you won’t be able to study everything, make sure you learn everything relevant to this business. It’s the ultimate ploy that will pay off again and time again.
6. Prepare for campus placements:
The leading colleges provide well-structured programmes that assist applicants to learn the skills they’ll need to ace interviews and examinations at the world’s most prestigious corporations. When it comes to placements, try to go above and above.
7. After you’ve sat through the placement rounds, it’s time to take action.
Maintain a good attitude and confidence during the placement rounds. You’ll be able to work with industry heavyweights in no time, in addition to classroom practice. You will succeed if you try hard enough. This is the following step in the strategy, and it is from here that you will be able to go from one of India’s finest hospitality colleges to the greatest organization.
While many people believe that acquiring a job is all it takes to create a career, others understand the importance of preparing. With this road map, candidates will gain a sense of what activities need to be completed to prepare the way for a life filled with many employment choices. As a result, take these instructions and get started as soon as feasible. Before all of the slots are taken, apply online. You already know what you should do. Best wishes!Read More
We all agree that keeping track of bar and liquor inventory is very important to the success of a restaurant. There are so many liquor management software available in the market which are very helpful to keep an eye on the liquor spend. But the choice is all yours how you pick a perfect software for your bar’s liquor management. But before picking any software, you should understand it and its importance.
So in this blog, we will discuss some importance of the liquor inventory management system. If you are taking lessons or a part of a bar and beverage management courses, then you must know about it because in upcoming days, bars and restaurants depend completely on this type of software to reduce human cost, improve ordering process and observing the stock level.
Importance of Inventory Management Software:
- Get Extra Time to Focus on Process Related Task
- Get an Exact Number of Money Which You Are Losing without Keeping Proper Track
- Helps You in Improving the Process of Ordering Liquor With the Help of Software
- Helps You in Collecting the Data for Better Analysis of Most Popular and Worst Drink at the Bar.
After reading all the importance and features of software, now we allow you to purchase suitable software for your shop. Still need help in choosing the best software. Get in touch with us today. We will explain to you more clearly and also provide you a demo for the same to make you understand better.
Allied Chandigarh has so many software and courses to make student’s future better in every field. Food production, hospitality management, housekeeping, bar and beverage management courses are some of the valuable courses provided by the experts of Allied Chandigarh.Read More
Allied Chandigarh has risen to become one of the best colleges for hotel management in Chandigarh, because of its dedication, diligence, and devotion. The college remains the leading choice for students seeking a high-quality education in hospitality because of its cutting-edge approach. Because hospitality encompasses many sub-domains, the institution offers a variety of programs to fit each of them.
We are securing a place at one of India’s top hotel management schools.
Allied Chandigarh’s Hotel Management Department is expanding the range of job options available to students. Chefs, food & beverage in-charge, front desk, finance & account manager, culinary head, tourism advisors, and other hotel management employees in the programs.
Our Hotel Management degree is built around experiential and theoretical modules, allowing us to join India’s Top Hotel Management College that ranks. The college offers undergraduate degrees in Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology and other diploma programs. We have come up with Hospitality management degrees to instill a passion for hospitality in the students.
Job Descriptions & Top Recruiters for Allied Chandigarh
Candidates who complete the Hotel Management program from Allied Chandigarhs can either begin seeking jobs right away or pursue a postgraduate degree in the field of hospitality. Masters in Hotel Management, Masters in Hotel Management & Catering Technology, MSc in Hotel Management, MBA in Hotel Management, MBA in Hospitality Management, and others are PG-level program students can pursue.
The easiest approach to get a job in the hospitality business is to apply for an internship first. If the candidate is determined to be working according to the hotel’s criteria, there is a good probability of hiring them at the hotel. Examine the top five options for hotel management internships.
Hotels typically hire fresh graduates for positions such as food and beverage executive, front office executives, steward, air hostess/flight steward, and so on. Candidates can learn more about the many job profiles available in the hotel business by visiting this websiteRead More
Are you interested in starting a career in Hotel Management? Come to the Allied College of Hospitality, Culinary Arts, and Management. Our team provides the highest standards of education and is a renowned HM college in Chandigarh. If you are coming from any other city also, we will see to your comfort. The lectures on different topics are indeed very enriching.
Our primary focus is to enhance the knowledge of every student and improve their culinary skills. If you want to study hotel management in Panchkula, take this grand opportunity to fulfill your dreams. We give rise to only professionals who can take care of the needs of millions of people all over the world. Our institution is engaged in providing impressive placements after graduating from 2006. The records are the same till date.
Choose Us For Various Reasons
There are multiple reasons for choosing the HM college in Chandigarh. We manage the college only in a professional way with world-class facilities. Furthermore, the following are the main features that distinguish us from several other Hotel Management institutes.
- 100% Placement Opportunities Till Now
- Specialized in Hotel Management and Hospitality Courses
- High-standard education from the year 2006
- The best curriculum for excellent employment opportunities in the world-class organizations
- The state-of-the-art architecture, along with academic excellence
- Study from the excellent faculties with more than 14 years of experience
Till date, our past trends show that more than 3000 students are employed in reputed organizations. Not only India, but our students are also spreading the magic in other countries.
Shape Up Your Career
The Hotel management in Panchkula is now easily affordable. Give a new shape to your career after studying from our team. You can specialize in any branch of the culinary arts with high scope for the future.
Our college has already won the title of the Best Edupreneurs Award 2019 by the Times Group. Allied can be a second home with all the necessary facilities for the students. Feel the change as you join our institution. Get a chance to show your skills at the International levels too.
Now, we are available in online mode too. Therefore, follow our website and fill up the admission form to get started.